Tugain 5% Solution belongs to a class of drugs known as vasodilators. It is used to promote hair growth in men with male pattern baldness.
It should only be applied directly to the scalp area in the amount and in the way specified on the label or by your doctor. Clean and dry your scalp before using it. It may take approximately 2- 4 months before you notice any hair growth. The first growth may be soft, colourless, and barely visible. Using more than recommended will not speed up hair growth and may increase the likelihood of side effects. This medication must be used continuously to maintain hair growth. Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or worsen after using it for 4 to 6 months.
Tugain 5% Solution is generally safe and suitable for most people but may have potential side effects. The most common side effects of this medicine are itching and skin irritation of the treated area of the scalp. In case of accidental application in other areas, it may result in unwanted hair growth. Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water if you get it in your eyes, mouth, or broken skin. Talk to your doctor if you are bothered by the side effects or if they do not go away.
People under 18 or over 65 should not usually use it. It may also not be appropriate if your hair loss is due to medications (such as chemotherapy) or any nutritional deficiency. You should also not use this medicine if you have high blood pressure or use other creams or lotions to treat other scalp conditions. Talk to your doctor if you have heart disease or blood circulation problems.
Use of Tugain 5 %
- Apply Tugain 5 when your scalp and hair are completely dry.
- Apply the amount advised to the area of the scalp being treated, beginning with the centre of the area using the applicator provided.
- Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying it.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying this solution.
- it is for use on the scalp only. This medicine should be kept away from the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash the area thoroughly with cold water, if the medicine gets into our eyes.
- Do not use a hairdryer after applying Tugain 5% solution.
- Applying more than advised or more often is not going to be more effective.
How Does It Work?
Minoxidil dilates the blood vessels on the scalp. It increases the blood circulation to hair follicles and promotes their growth.
Dosage of Tugain 5 %
This is only for external use and should not be swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion or application over larger areas for a prolonged time, consult a doctor immediately if you expe…
Signs and symptoms of Tugain overdose would be swelling of face, hands, and feet, increased heart rate, low blood pressure, dizziness and weakness.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Tugain 5% solution, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply to compensate for the missed application.
Side effect of Tugain 5% Solution
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Twain
- Skin irritation
Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
Keep it out of the reach of children
Discard when it is no longer needed or expired
- You develop chest pain, rapid heartbeat, dizziness or rash. Seek medical help immediately.
- Tugain 5% solution is recommended only for male pattern baldness. Do not use it if you have sudden and patchy hair loss and hair loss due to childbirth.
- Patients with known heart disease or high blood pressure should take their doctor’s opinion before using.
- It should not be used on any body parts other than the scalp.
- You observe no hair growth even after using for four months, then seek your doctor’s advice.
- Is the hair growth by Tugain 5% Solution treatment permanent?
You have to continue applying Tugain 5% Solution for continued hair growth. If you stop using Tugain 5% Solution, the regrown hair may disappear after 3-4 months and balding or hair loss may restart.
2.Can Tugain 5% Solution cause weight gain?
Yes, Tugain 5% Solution can cause your weight to increase. Exercise regularly and take a balanced diet that includes whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables and fat-free products to manage your weight. You may also consult with a dietician to get a diet plan that suits you best.
3.How long does it take to see results with Tugain 5% Solution?
Since hair growth is a slow process, it may take some time before you see new hair growth after starting the treatment with Tugain 5% Solution. You need to use Tugain 5% Solution for 4 months to see its effects.
4.Do I need to wash my hair every day when using Tugain 5% Solution?
No, it is not required to shampoo your hair every day before applying Tugain 5% Solution. However, if you shampoo your hair, make sure your scalp is dry before using Tugain 5% Solution.
5.How often should Tugain 5% Solution be applied?
The general recommendation is that Tugain 5% Solution should be used twice daily. Follow your doctor’s instructions and take it in the dose and duration advised by your doctor.
6.Can Tugain 5% Solution be used for beard growth?
No, Tugain 5% Solution should not be used for beard growth. It is indicated only for growth of hair on scalp in patients with a family history of hair loss.
There are no reviews yet.