What is Megalis 10 Mg Tablet?
Megalis 10 Mg Tablet is an erectile dysfunction medicine for men. It’s ideal to take it around an hour before you plan on having sex. Working hours vary depending on the individual, but they often last between 30 and an hour.
This prescription is not for women, and men should get medical advice before trying any other impotence remedies. Taking nitrate-containing medications is risky. If you have serious heart or liver issues, have recently had a stroke or heart attack, or have low blood pressure, don’t use this prescription. Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have any of these or other health problems.
MEGALIS 10MG TABLET contains Tadalafil which belongs to the group of medicines called Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) inhibitors. It is used in adult men to treat erectile dysfunction and urinary symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement causing painful or frequent urination or untentional passing of urine).
Erectile dysfunction (also known as impotence) is a sexual condition where a man cannot sustain a hard erected penis that is required for a normal sexual activity. It happens due to decreased blood flow to the penis.
MEGALIS 10MG TABLET would help you to get an erection only if you are sexually stimulated. It is not an aphrodisiac (sex-stimulating agent) and therefore cannot be used to induce sexual thoughts or can improve sexual performance/pleasure in healthy men. It is also not suitable for use in healthy men who do not have erectile dysfunction.
How to use of Megalis 10 Mg?
Erectile dysfunction treatment.
How to work of Megalis 10 Mg?
It helps men have erections by increasing blood flow to the penis. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis and allowing blood to flow into it while you are sexually excited.
How to take of megalis 10mg?
Megalis 10 Tablet can be taken with or without food, and you must follow your doctor’s instructions exactly. The drug will only help you get an erection if you’re sexually stimulated.
Benefits of Megalis Tablet
It works, relaxing the blood vessels in your penis. When sexually stimulated, blood flows into the penis, resulting in an erection. If you are sexually prompted, this medicine will merely help you obtain an erection. It’s practical, but it must be take at least 30 minutes before sexual activity.
Major & minor side effects for Megalis 10 MG Tablet
- Stuffy nose
- Decrease/loss of vision
- Change in color vision
- Decrease/loss of hearing
- Prolonged and painful erection
- Pain in the arms, legs and the back
- Muscle pain
Uses of Megalis 10 MG Tablet
What is it prescribed for?
Erectile DysfuntionErectile dysfunction or impotence is a condition in which a man is unable to achieve and/or maintain an erection adequate for sexual intercourse. It happens when there is a decreased blood flow to the penis. The decreased blood flow may be due to physical complications following an injury or disorder or due to some psychological conditions such as anxiety, stress, depression, etc. Chronic lifestyle factors such as obesity, smoking, drinking, etc., could also contribute to ED. Megalis 10 MG Tablet is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Benign prostatic hyperplasiaBenign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a non-cancerous growth of the prostate gland (a walnut-sized gland located just below the bladder that secretes fluid to nourish and transport the sperm). As the prostate surrounds the urethra (a tube that carries urine out of your body), an increase in the size of the prostate may lead to symptoms such as difficulty in urination, weak urinary stream, frequent urination, loss of bladder control, etc. Megalis 10 MG Tablet helps to treat the urinary symptoms associated with BPH.
Take Megalis 10 Tablet as soon as you place if you miss an amount. If your next dosage is coming, omit the missing dose & resume your regular program. Do not increase the dosage.
What are the Dosage instructions for Megalis 10 mg Tablet?
Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
Contact a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. You might require immediate medical attention if the overdose is severe.
Precautions and Warning for Megalis 10 mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to tadalafil or any of the other ingredients of this drug then avoid taking this medication.
- Don’t take this medicine more than once a day.
- You should not take Megalis tablet if have low blood pressure or have high blood pressure that is not controlled.
- Women and children should not take this tablet because it may lead to serious health impacts.
- Take Megalis 10 mg Tablet as instructed by the doctor. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller quantities than recommended.
- This medicine should be used with caution in you have a condition of the heart and blood vessels.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients aged below 18 years.
- Avoid to use Megalis 10 mg tablet if you have recently taken nitrates (medicines used in angina).
Megalis 10 Tablet is not indicated for use in women.
Use of Megalis 10 Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
A. Drug-Drug Interactions:
Before taking MEGALIS 10MG TABLET, inform your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines such as:
- Nitrates or amyl nitrites (used for reliving chest pain) Ex. nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrite
- Other medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction (Ex. sildenafil)
- Alpha blockers (used to treat high blood pressure or benign prostatic hyperplasia) Ex. prazosin, terazosin, tamsulosin
- Riociguat (a medicine used to treat increased pressure in the lungs)
- Medicines used to treat BPH (Ex. dutasteride, finasteride)
- Ketoconazole, itraconazole (used to treat fungal infection)
- Protease inhibitors (used to treat HIV infection) Ex. ritonavir, lopinavir
- Phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine (medicines used to treat fits)
- Rifampicin, erythromycin, clarithromycin (medicines used for bacterial infections)
B. Drug-Food Interactions:
Avoid consuming grapefruit juice while taking MEGALIS 10MG TABLET, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
Frequently asked Questions about Megalis 10 mg Tablet
1. Is Megalis tablet safe to use?
Megalis 10 mg review is safe when used strictly as advised by your doctor and for approved conditions like erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
2. How long can I take Megalis tablet for?
Megalis 10 should only be taken only for the time period as advised by your doctor.
3. What is the onset of action?
The effect of this drug can be observed within 30-60 minutes of oral administration.
4. Is Megalis tablet using in pregnancy?
This medicine is not recommended for consumption by pregnant women unless clearly needed. Consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and risks before taking this medicine.
5. Can MEGALIS 10MG TABLET stop urine?
In patients with urinary problems (such as unintentional passing of urine or frequent urination), MEGALIS 10MG TABLET regulates the flow of urine by relaxing the smooth muscles surrounding the bladder and prostate. Therefore, it controls abnormal urinary symptoms (such as difficulty in passing urine or frequent urination).
6. Can the use of MEGALIS 10MG TABLET make me feel dizzy?
MEGALIS 10MG TABLET may cause dizziness in some individuals. If you experience dizziness, try to rest and relax. Get enough sleep. Avoid driving or operating any tools or machines completely while you are feeling dizzy. Do not consume excessive alcohol, as it could aggravate your dizziness. Consult your doctor if your dizziness worsens.
7.What should I do if I miss a dose of MEGALIS 10MG TABLET?
If you miss a dose of MEGALIS 10MG TABLET, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is time to take the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next one at regular times. Do not take a double dose of MEGALIS 10MG TABLET to compensate the missed dose.
8. What do I do if I take too many tablets of MEGALIS 10MG TABLET?
In case of overconsumption of MEGALIS 10MG TABLET contact your healthcare practitioner. Symptoms of overdosage may include chest pain, hearing problems or sudden decrease or loss of vision.