Gemita 200 mg Injection (Gemcitabine)
Gemita 200 mg Injection (Gemcitabine) is a cancer treatment that prevents cancer cells from growing and spreading throughout the body. Gemcitabine is used to treat pancreatic, lung, ovarian, and breast malignancies. This medication guide does not cover all of the possible uses of gemcitabine.
What Is Gemita 200 mg Injection?
Gemita 200 mg Non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, urinary bladder cancer, and ovarian cancer are all treated with injection.
Gemcitabine 200 mg An injection is administer by a trained medical expert. Your doctor will limit the suitable dose and occurrence of admin. This will vary reliant on the reason you’re being smoke and may alteration over time. You must track your doctor’s directions to the letter. It can have potentially dangerous negative effects if taken wrongly or in additional.
How Do You Gemita 200mg Injection Take It?
If you have heart disease, liver illness, or renal disease, or if you are taking any antibiotics, tell your doctor before taking it. Many other medicines can interact with or be impact by this one, so tell your doctor about all of your medications. This tablet must not be use in pregnancy or breastfeeding. It is critical for both males and women to utilise active contraception during action to avoid beginning.
How Gemita 200 mg Injection Works
How is gemcitabine used?
Through an IV, gemcitabine is administered into a vein. This dose will be specified to you by a healthcare source. Gemcitabine can reduce the number of blood cells that help your body fight infections and clot. Your blood will essential to be tried on a even basis. The findings of these tests may cause your cancer treatments to be postponed. If you get any of this medicine on your skin, wash it off completely with soap and warm water.
- Infection or fever
- In your mouth, you may have pain, redness, swelling, or sores.
- Skin rash, itching, fatigue, feeling dizzy, being quickly breathless, or if you appear pale are all signs that you should seek medical attention
- Bleeding from the gums, nose, or mouth, as well as any bleeding that won’t stop, crimson or pink urine, and sudden bruising
- Low platelet count or little white plasma cell count
- Breathing problems, nausea, vomiting, and a headache
- Hair loss is a common problem.
- Urine with blood
- Anorexia, sleeplessness, and tiredness are all symptoms of anorexia.
- Back or muscle ache
What should I avoid while using Gemita 200mg Injection?
Avoid being in close proximity to persons who are unwell or infected. If you notice any signs of infection, contact your doctor right once. Avoid engaging in activities that put you at danger of bleeding or injury. When shaving or coating your teeth, take additional defenses to avoid flow of blood. This medication has the potential to transfer into bodily fluids (urine, feces, vomit). Allow your body fluids to come into touch with your hands or other surfaces for at least 48 hours after receiving a dosage. When washing up a patient’s bodily fluids, treatment unclean trash or laundry, or changing diapers, caregivers should use rubber scarves.
Hands must be wash earlier and after eliminating scarfs. Soiled clothing and linens should be washed separately from the rest of the laundry. If you’re taking gemcitabine, don’t get a “live” vaccine, and stay away from someone who has recently gotten a live vaccine. There’s a danger you’ll get infect with the virus. Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), rotavirus, typhoid, yellow fever, varicella (chickenpox), zoster (shingles), and nasal flu (influenza) vaccine are examples of live injections.
Dosage information for Gemita 200mg Injection
For Pancreatic Cancer, the Standard Adult Dose is: One dose of 1000 mg/m2 IV over 30 minutes. -Weeks 1–8: Weekly dosage for the first 7 weeks, then a week off. A dose should be held if toxicity occurs. -Weekly dose on Days 1, 8, and 15 of 28-day cycles after week 8
For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, the Standard Adult Dose is: 1000 mg/m2 IV over 30 minutes on days 1, 8, and 15 in conjunction with cisplatin therapy on a four-week regimen. On days 1 and 8, receive 1250 mg/m2 IV over 30 minutes in combination with cisplatin therapy on a three-week regimen.
Adult Dose: Typical Adult Dose for Breast Cancer: On days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle that includes paclitaxel, patients get 1250 mg/m2 IV over 30 minutes. On day 1, paclitaxel should be give as a 3 hour IV infusion at 175 mg/m2 before gemcitabine is given.
For Ovarian Cancer, the Standard Adult Dose is: On days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle, 1000 mg/m2 IV over 30 minutes After gemcitabine, carboplatin should be given intravenously on day 1 of each 21-day cycle.
Warning & Precautions
- Are you allergic to any of the medicine’s other ingredients?
- Have a difficult with your kidneys or liver?
- Have you or someone you know been diagnose with liver illness, heart disease, or vascular disease?
- It is just undergone or will undergo radiotherapy
- Have you lately been vaccinate?
- You’re having trouble breathing or you’re feeling really weak and pale (may be a sign of kidney failure)
- If you see generalised swelling, shortness of breath, or weight gain, it could be an indication of fluid escaping from your small blood arteries into the tissue, which is a sign of Capillary Leak Syndrome, a hazardous disorder (CLS)
1. Can Gemita 200 mg Injection cause hearing loss?
According to some studies, Gemita 200 mg Injection is ototoxic, which means it can cause hearing or balance problems. Consult your doctor if you experience any problems with hearing during this treatment.
2. How long do I need to take Gemita 200 mg Injection?
You usually have Gemita 200 mg Injection as a course of several cycles of treatment. This means that you receive the medicine and then rest to allow your body to recover. Usually, a cycle of GEMITA 200MG INJECTION is over 3 to 4 weeks (21 to 28 days), but your doctor will determine the duration of treatment according to your condition.
3. Is it safe to have a baby during treatment with Gemita 200 mg Injection?
For women, Gemita 200 mg Injection is not recommended for use if you are pregnant or planning for a baby. Men are advised not to father a child during and up to 6 months after treatment with GEMITA 200 MG INJECTION. You may want to seek counselling on sperm storage before starting your treatment. Consult your doctor for advice.
4. Can I receive Gemita 200 mg Injection if I got recently vaccinated?
Before receiving Gemita 200 mg Injection, inform your doctor if you recently got vaccinated as it can affect the number of blood cells that are tested during this treatment. Consult your doctor for advice.
5. Is it okay to drink alcohol though on this tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol. Before overriding, it is commend that you speak with your doctor.
6. Is this a drug that creates a habit?
There were no signs of habit formation.