Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is used to treat cancer of ovaries and a type of cancer of bone marrow called multiple myeloma. It may be also used to treat other conditions, as determined by the doctor.
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet should be taken on an empty stomach, but try to take it at the same time every day. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time.
You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to. It makes skin more sensitive towards sunlight, wear protective clothing or use sunscreen.
The most common side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, and anemia (low number of red blood cells). This medicine may reduce the number of blood cells in your blood thereby, increasing the susceptibility to infections.
Regular blood tests are required to check your blood cells along with kidney, liver and heart function during treatment with this medicine. Inform your doctor if you observe signs of infections such as fever, chills, body ache or if you have unusual bruising or bleeding and bleeding gums or blood in your urine or stool.
Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have bleeding, liver, or kidney problems or are taking any medicines to treat infections. Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your doctor know all medications you are using.
This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy. Do not use Alphalan 5mg how to use more than once a day.
Uses of alphalan tablet
- Ovarian cancer
- Multiple myeloma
Benefits of alphalan tablet
In Ovarian cancer
Ovarian cancer is a cancer that begins in the female organs that produce eggs (ovaries). This type of cancer is usually detected very late and can be fatal too. It usually spreads to the pelvis and stomach. Alphalan 5mg Tablet kills or stops the growth of cancer cells and also prevents the multiplication of cancer cells.
It is an effective medicine but has some side effects that may be bothersome. So, you should discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. You should avoid drinking alcohol while having this treatment and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
In Multiple myeloma
If you have multiple myeloma, your body is destroying bone faster than it is being replaced. This makes bones weak and painful and more likely to break. Alphalan 5 mg Tablet may be prescribed along with other cancer treatments such as chemotherapy. It is an important part of your treatment and increases the survival rate of people with multiple myeloma.
This medicine will kill the cancerous cells and prevent their further growth as well as spread to other parts of the body. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most benefit. Supplements of calcium and Vitamin D3 are also effective and may be prescribed if you do not have high blood calcium levels. There are many benefits of ordering Alphalan 5mg online.
Side effects of alphalan tablet
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of alphalan
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets
- Decreased white blood cell count
How to use alphalan tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How alphalan tablet works
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This stops their growth and multiplication.
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Alphalan 5 mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in some life-threatening situations if the benefits are more than the potential risks. Please consult your doctor.
- Breast feeding
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
It is not known whether Alphalan 5 mg Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Alphalan 5 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Alphalan 5 mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
What if you forget to take alphalan tablet?
If you miss a dose of Alphalan 5 mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Alphalan 5 mg Tablet should be taken as per dose and duration suggested by the doctor.
- Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of cancer of the blood.
- Take it with or without food.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood and urine tests done to monitor your blood cells, kidney and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat, rash or severe diarrhea.
- Take Alphalan 5 mg Tablet on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after your meal. Do not stop the use of this medicine without consulting your doctor as it may worsen your condition.
- Anti-cancer medicines are usually very strong and can have many side effects. Discuss with your doctor to understand all the benefits and risks before starting the treatment. Consult your doctor if you experience any side effects or if they become severe.
- Alphalan 5 mg Tablet may lower your blood cell count, therefore periodic monitoring of your blood cell count is recommended.
- Do not drive or operate machines if you experience any symptoms that may affect your alertness after taking Alphalan 5 mg Tablet.
There are no reviews yet.