What is Azee 1000 mg?
Azee 1000 is an antibiotic used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, ear, nose, throat, lungs, skin, and eyes in adults and children. It is also effective in typhoid fever and some sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea.
Azee 1000 Tablet is taken orally, preferably one hour before or 2 hours after a meal. It should be used regularly at evenly spaced time intervals as prescribed by your doctor. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medicine too early may lead to the return or worsening of the infection.
Commonly seen side effects seen with this medicine include vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, and diarrhea. These are usually temporary and subside with the completion of treatment. Consult your doctor if you find these side effects worry you or persist for a longer duration.
Azee 1000 mg Tablet may cause side effects such as stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, headache, etc. Consult your doctor if these symptoms persist or become severe. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms like skin rash, itching/swelling of the face/throat/tongue, difficulty breathing, etc.
Inform your doctor if you have any previous history of allergy or heart problems before taking this medicine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before using this medicine.
Uses of Azee 1000 MG Tablet
What is it prescribed for?
- Community-Acquired PneumoniaCommunity-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is a lung infection that is acquired outside the hospital. CAP can be bacterial or viral. Azee 1000 MG Tablet is used in the treatment of CAP caused by bacteria like Haemophilus influenzae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Streptococcus pneumonia, etc.
- Skin and soft tissue infectionsSkin and soft tissue infection is a bacterial infection affecting the skin and its supporting structures. Azee 1000 MG Tablet is used to treat skin and soft tissue infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, etc.
- Urethritis and CervicitisUrethritis is the swelling of the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder to the outside of the body. Cervicitis is the swelling of the cervix (lower end of the womb). Azee 1000 mg Tablet used to treat urethritis and cervicitis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacteria.
- Pharyngitis/TonsilitisPharyngitis and tonsillitis are infections that cause swelling and soreness in the throat and tonsils. Azee 1000 MG Tablet is used to treat pharyngitis, tonsillitis, and pharyngotonsillitis (infection affecting both the throat and the tonsils).
- SinusitisSinusitis is the swelling of the tissues of your sinuses (hollow spaces located behind your nose and cheekbones, between your eyes, and at the lower end of your forehead). The symptoms include a stuffed nose, headache, and pain/pressure behind the eyes, nose, cheeks, or forehead. Azee 1000 MG Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial sinusitis.
Benefits of Azee 1000 mg
How to use Azee 1000 mg?
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Azee 1000 Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take them at a fixed time.
How to work Azee 1000 mg?
Azee 1000 Tablet is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing and prevents the infection from spreading.
Side effect of Azee 1000 mg
- Abdominal pain
What if you forget to take Azee 1000 mg infusion?
If you miss a dose of Azee 1000 Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.