Flomist Nasal Spray is a corticosteroid containing fluticasone propionate. It is used to relieve symptoms associated with allergic rhinitis (allergic reaction causing sneezing, runny nose, and itchy or watery eyes) in children, adolescents and adults. Flomist Nasal Spray works by blocking the release of histamine a chemical that is responsible for allergic reactions.
Flomist Nasal Spray may cause side effects like dryness and irritation of the nose and throat, headache, fever, nose bleeding etc. Inform your doctor if any of these side effects bother you or persist for a long time. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it. Flomist Nasal Spray is not recommended for use in flomist nasal spray for child below 3 years of age unless prescribed by your paediatrician.
Flomist Nasal Spray is a prescription medicine. The dose of medicine and duration of treatment of Flomist Nasal Spray will depend on your condition. Follow all the instructions mentioned on the label for usage or as directed by your doctor. Store this medicine at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture. The highest quality flomist nasal spray side effects is available.
Flomist Nasal Spray can impair your immune system, increasing the risk of getting an infection or worsening a pre-existing infection you have. Hence, maintain proper hygiene and keep a distance from people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you have heart, kidney, liver or eye problems or infections like tuberculosis before using Flomist Nasal Spray. Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Major & minor side effects for Flomist Nasal Spray
- Nasal discharge
- Body aches or pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sore throat
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Bloody nose
- Irritation in the nose
Uses of Flomist Nasal Spray
What is it prescribed for?
Allergic rhinitis is an allergic reaction in response to allergens such as dust, animal dander and pollens. Flomist Nasal Spray is used to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as sneezing, runny, stuffy, or itchy nose, etc., in children above 3 years of age and older.
When not to use?
Avoid using Flomist Nasal Spray if you are allergic to it. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms like itching, swelling (face, lips), redness, shortness of breath, etc.
- Nasal injury or surgery
Flomist Nasal Spray is not recommended for use if you have undergone nasal surgery recently or have a nasal injury that is not completely healed. It may cause irritation and burning sensation when applied to the affected area.
Warnings for special population
Flomist Nasal Spray is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it may cause harm to your foetus. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Flomist Nasal Spray is not recommended for use during breastfeeding. It is not known whether this medicine is excreted in human breast milk. If you are breastfeeding consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Flomist Nasal Spray may cause growth retardation in some children when used for a long duration. The dose should be titrated to the minimum effective dose to reduce the chances of such side effects. The growth of the child should be monitored while on treatment with this medicine. The best flomist nasal spray dosage is available.
Flomist Nasal Spray may cause blurred vision or other visual disturbances. Report any such symptoms to the doctor immediately. Avoid driving vehicles or operating machines during the treatment with this medicine.
Flomist nasal spray how to use?
Flomist nasal spray taken more than once a day.
Nosebleed and nasal ulceration
is flomist nasal spray a steroid? flomist may cause nosebleeds and nasal ulcerations (sores in the nose). Consult your doctor immediately if you experience such conditions. Your doctor may suggest an alternative as needed based on your condition.
Impaired wound healing
IT is not recommended for you in case of recent nasal injury, nose ulcers, nasal surgery, etc., until completely healed as this medicine may delay healing and worsen your condition.
- Missed Dose
Do not skip any dose of Flomist Nasal Spray. Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed one.
Never use more doses than prescribed. If you have accidentally or intentionally used more than the prescribed dose of Flomist Nasal Spray, seek immediate medical attention.
All drugs interact differently for person to person. You should check all the possible interactions with your doctor before starting any medicine.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
Interaction with Medicine
Hyperadrenocorticism is a high level of adrenal hormones in your body. Flomist Nasal Spray may be absorbed into your blood circulation and lead to menstrual irregularities, pimples, etc., if used in high doses. Hence, caution should be maintained while using this medicine.
It should be used with extreme caution if you have latent or active infections. This medicine can suppress your immune system and worsen your condition especially if you are on high doses of this medicine.
Ocular herpes infection
Ocular herpes simplex is an eye infection caused by the herpes simplex virus. Flomist Nasal Spray should be used with caution if you have an ocular herpes infection. This medicine can damage the outer layer of your eye (cornea) and may worsen your condition.
It should be used with extreme caution if you have eye problems like cataracts (a hazy layer that forms on the eye lens), glaucoma (an eye condition that damages your optic nerve), or increased intraocular pressure. Prolonged use of this spray can lead to blindness in such conditions.
Osteoporosis is a condition in which your bone become weak and brittle.Flomist Nasal Spray should be used with caution if you have osteoporosis. Prolonged use of this medicine may cause loss of bone density and may further worsen your existing condition.
Flomist Nasal Spray should be used with caution if you have a liver problem due to the increased risk of severe side effects. Your doctor may advise a blood test to monitor your liver functions.
- It is used in the treatment of allergic rhinitis. Use this medicine as advised by your doctor.
- Do not use for more or fewer times than prescribed.
- Flomist Nasal Spray may take a few days or weeks to show its effect. Do not stop using it without consulting your doctor.
- Consult the doctor if you experience any undesirable side effects.
- Avoid driving vehicles or operating machines after using this medicine as it may cause blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding before using this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all your current medications and other health conditions before starting the treatment with Flomist Nasal Spray.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets. Ensure that the unused medicine is disposed of properly.
The right way to use the nasal spray:
- Shake the bottle before using the medicine.
- Clean your nose thoroughly before using the medicine.
- Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril.
- Direct the spray towards the sides of your nostril, away from the cartilage dividing the two sides of your nose.
- Breathe out gently through your mouth and repeat the same process for the other nostril.
- Avoid deep breathing as it will cause medication to go back to the throat and make it less effective.
- Do not share the bottle with anyone else so that you do not spread germs.
- Flomist Nasal Spray should be avoided in patients with recent nasal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma.
- You have been prescribed Flomist Nasal Spray for treating itchy, red rashes, and skin irritation associated with skin conditions such as atopic eczema, allergic contact dermatitis, and psoriasis among others.
- Don’t use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Don’t apply it to broken or infected areas of skin, face, eyes, or eyelids.
- Don’t cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Flomist Nasal Spray and consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after two weeks of treatment.
Q. For how long should I take Flomist Nasal Spray?
flomist nasal spray how long to use? It is recommended that you take the nasal spray as long as you are exposed to the allergen. Consult your doctor if you have any concerns.
Q. Does long-term use of Flomist Nasal Spray have any side effects?
Usual doses of Flomist can be tolerated by most people for long periods of time. But, few people may develop nose bleed, hole in nasal cartilage, and visual disturbances due to cataract or glaucoma if they take Flomist Nasal Spray for a long time. Moreover, high doses also tend to increase the risk of weakening of bones (osteoporosis) and diabetes.
Q. What is thrush? Can Flomist Nasal Spray cause thrush?
Thrush is a fungal infection of the nose and throat caused by candida. It can occur with the use of Nasal Spray. You should thoroughly rinse your mouth after using nasal spray to avoid getting fungal infection. If you experience any redness or white colored patches in your nose or mouth, inform your doctor.
Q. Can I take Flomist Nasal Spray for runny nose and sneezing due to common cold?
No, It is only meant for allergic rhinitis and should not be taken for common cold. Symptoms of common cold can be due to viral infection and this medicine does not cure such infections. Therefore, you may not benefit from Flomist Nasal Spray.
Q. How does Flomist Nasal Spray work?
IT works by decreasing the inflammation caused by allergies. It reduces inflammation by blocking the release of certain natural substances that cause allergic symptoms such as swelling, redness and pain.