Cytoblastin Injection is an anti-cancer medication used in the treatment of breast cancer, kidney cancer, Hodgkin’s disease, and Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Cytoblastin Injection is given as an injection into the vein under the supervision of a doctor. Your doctor will decide what dose is necessary and how often you need to take it. This will depend on what you are being treated for and may change from time to time. You should take it exactly as your doctor has advised. Taking it in the wrong way or taking too much can cause very serious side effects. It may take several weeks or months for you to see or feel the benefits but do not stop taking it unless your doctor tells you to.
The most common side effects of this medicine include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and decreased appetite. This medicine may reduce the number of blood cells (white blood cells) in your blood, thereby, increasing the susceptibility to infections and fever. In some cases, it may also cause kidney disease related to uric acid level. Regular blood tests are required to check your blood cells along with heart, liver, and blood uric acid levels.
Many other medicines can affect, or be affected by, this medicine so let your doctor know all injection vinblastine you are using. This medicine is not recommended during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. The use of effective contraception by both males and females during treatment is important to avoid pregnancy. You should take precautions while taking this medication as it may cause inflammation of mouth and lips and neurological toxicity.
Uses of cytoblastin injection
- Breast cancerCytoblastin Injection is used in the treatment of cancer that develops in the breast cells.
- Kaposi’s SarcomaCytoblastin Injection is used in the treatment of Kaposi’s Sarcoma, a type of cancer that affects the cells that line the lymph or blood vessels.
- Testicular CancerCytoblastin Injection is used for the treatment of testicular cancer, a type of cancer that affects the testicles (male sex organ).
- Mycosis FungoidesMycosis Fungoides also called cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is the most common type of blood cancer. It occurs when lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell) become cancerous and affect the skin. Symptoms include rash, skin lesions, itchy skin, etc. Cytoblastin Injection is used in the treatment of Mycosis fungoides.
- ChoriocarcinomaCytoblastin Injection is used in the treatment of choriocarcinoma, a type of cancer that affects the uterus (womb).
- LymphomaCytoblastin Injection is used in the treatment of lymphoma, a type of cancer that affects the lymphocytes (infection-fighting cells of the immune system). There are many benefits of ordering Vinblastine buy online.
- Histiocytosis X.Cytoblastin Injection is used in the treatment of histiocytosis X, a type of cancer in which there is an abnormal increase in the number of a certain type of white blood cells called histiocytes (L-group) in parts of the body.
- Hodgkin’s DiseaseCytoblastin Injection is used for the treatment of Hodgkin’s Disease which is a type of lymphoma, a blood cancer that develops in the lymphatic system (a part of the immune system).
Benefits of cytoblastin injection
In Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)
Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a cancer of the white blood cells in our body, also called mantle-cell lymphoma. White blood cells are those cells that help us to fight infections. Cytoblastin 10mg Injection helps to restrict cancer growth and also blocks the action of other chemicals that are required for cancer growth and further spread. Avoid being in crowds and wash your hands often to prevent any infections. Have plenty of fluids, unless otherwise advised by the doctor not to.
In Breast cancer
Cytoblastin Injection helps to treat breast cancer and it may be used alone or in combination with other medicines or treatment modalities like chemotherapy. It relieves the symptoms of breast cancer such as breast lumps, bloody discharge from nipples or changes in the shape or texture of the breast. Cytoblastin Injection kills or stops the growth of cancer cells and also prevents the multiplication of cancer cells. Discuss with your doctor if any of the side effects bother you.
In Kidney cancer
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is used to treat kidney cancer and its associated symptoms such as blood in the urine, unexplained low back pain or weight loss, fatigue, loss of appetite, etc. It stops cancer growth and prevents multiplication of cancer cells. This restricts the advancement of cancer to other unaffected regions. You need to follow your doctor’s instructions very carefully to recover.
In Hodgkin’s disease
Hodgkin’s disease is a type of lymphoma, which is a blood cancer that starts in the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system helps the immune system get rid of waste and fight infections. Cytoblastin 10mg Injection kills or stops the growth of cancer cells and also prevents the multiplication of cancer cells. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and let your doctor know if any of the side effects bother you.
Side effects of cytoblastin injection
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of Cytoblastin
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased white blood cell count
- Missed Dose
Cytoblastin Injection is given by a qualified healthcare professional, so the likelihood of missing a dose is very low. However, make a note of your next scheduled dose to avoid missing it.
Since Cytoblastin Injection is given in the hospital setting by a qualified healthcare professional, the likelihood of an overdose is very less. However, emergency medical treatment will be initiated by your doctor if an overdose is suspected.
How to use cytoblastin injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How cytoblastin injection works
Cytoblastin Injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Cytoblastin 10mg Injection. Please consult your doctor.
Cytoblastin Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in some life-threatening situations if the benefits are more than the potential risks. Please consult your doctor.
- Breast feeding
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Cytoblastin Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Cytoblastin 10mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Cytoblastin Injection may not be advised in patients with severe liver disease.
- Cytoblastin Injection is given as an IV infusion or injection into a vein under the supervision of a doctor.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cell count, platelet count, uric acid level and liver function.
- Inform your doctor if you experience a skin rash, swelling of face or lips and trouble breathing.
Q. Is Cytoblastin 10mg Injection a vesicant?
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly.
Q. How is Cytoblastin 10mg Injection administered?
Cytoblastin Injection is administered by intravenous route only.
Q. Does Cytoblastin 10mg Injection cause hair loss/infertility?
Yes, Cytoblastin 10mg Injection may cause hair loss/infertility.
Q. How does Cytoblastin 10mg Injection prevent mitosis?
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection prevents mitosis by inhibition of microtubule formation.